The customer information system kompas wayfinding guides customers safely to their destination in shopping centers, DIY superstores, clinics and administration buildings. kompas wayfinding functions on a wide variety of hardware, whether vertically on an information column or horizontally on a touch sensitive console.
The user accesses the information via the intuitive Cloud using a touch-sensitive surface. In addition, search terms can be entered via an on-screen keyboard. And kompas wayfinding has even more to offer: it documents all the users‘ actions and search requests anonymously and thus serves as a permanent survey tool. This means that you always know what your customers really are searching for and allows you to continuously optimize your range of products.
Intelligent marketing instrument
Kompas wayfinding is a learning system: When searching for terms that are not yet in the database, these terms are automatically added to the repertoire in the blink of an eye.
This makes kompas wayfinding an important source of information for the operating company: What are customers looking for? Which shops and products are especially sought-after?
- Keyword search with auto-completion
- Display of related terms
- Direct information about the most important destinations
- Display of the route to the destination in an easily remembered plan view (2D depiction)
- Display of distinctive points on the way
- Dynamic wayfinding
- Administration via web interface
- Comfortable assignment of keywords in several languages
- Editing of names, logos, branch and rental sector
- Individual display options for each logo
- List of all keywords available
- Assignment of potential typos for each keyword
Marketing and Media Data
- Reports for each terminal or for the overall installation
- Use of retail space for sales promotions
- Marketing of search terms and logo presence
- Voucher marketing possible
- Usage statistics displayed in concise diagrams:
- Number of users
- Target location hits
- Search term hits/search terms not found/blacklists
- Route descriptions
- Top 10 shops
- Export of the diagrams as graphic fffiles
- Comfortable monitoring functions
- Alarm function for the event of errors and malfunctions
- Terminals can be repositioned at any time
- Automatic updates
- System switches on and off in accordance with opening hours
The system guarantees the optimized process flow, based on the autonomous operation of each single process step by the passenger. New technologies, sustainable solutions and the efficient and reliable administration of passenger and baggage handling, border control and boarding meet the demands imposed by the constant increase of passenger volumes.
The solution combines three sub-processes based on the system of biometric data processing and management: Automated Border Control, on-the-fly security systems and self-boarding systems without any physical barriers. To ensure the most efficient use of the components, a comprehensive cooperation between governmental authorities, airport operators, airlines and the solution provider is essential.
By using an individual token, referring to a dataset of enrolled and process data, the separate units are connected functionally. The dataset consists of a combination of demographic and biometrical data such as face, fingerprint and iris, as standardized by ICAO. The token is temporarily stored in the background system of the airport and the data is used for the validation of the traveler’s identity throughout the whole process on all biometrical interfaces. During the automated fastlane process the passenger autonomously performs defined process steps:
Step 1: Self-Enrollment & Check-In
The passenger enrolls at a common use self-boarding kiosk which reads out the boarding pass and matches the information with the data stored on the ePassport. With the personal and biometric data provided by the passenger, the identity authentication is performed and the temporary token is created.
Step 2: Operator Assisted Enrollment
In case of operating errors or technical issues at the self-boarding kiosk an additional service terminal is provided where enrollment and check-in is performed with the assistance of service staff.
Step 3: Baggage Drop-Off
Specific common use self-service units are provided for the baggage drop-off. The background system identifies the passenger by matching live data with the temporary token, and processes the luggage data. The luggage is equipped with a physical token and the data is added to the enrolled passenger information dataset.
Step 4: Security Check
The security units separate the land area from the air area. Once the traveler passes through the security check, he is automatically identified and the status “passed security check” is added to the dataset.
Step 5: Border Control
The border crossing is performed within the air area at an ABC unit. The passenger’s biometrics are captured automatically and matched with the virtual token for the reliable identification. In a second step the data is matched with international watch lists in order to identify criminal or high-risk passengers. After verification the passenger receives clearance for entry.
Step 6: Boarding
On arrival of the passenger at the boarding unit, the background system automatically captures the face biometrics and matches them with the virtual token. The passenger can instantly pass the unit without delay and the dataset referred to by the token is enhanced by the status “on board”.
Internet of Things communications such as LoRA or Narrowband are a new low-power wide area (LPWA) wireless radio technology specifically developed for the Internet of Things (IoT) for connecting devices that require small amounts of data over long periods that can be embedded to smart cards.
The communication technology can cover wide areas (upto 10 kilometers) with low cost and long battery life (>5 years) and are compatible with existing cellular and WiFi protocols.
Fanna Technology platform is ideally suited to Track & Trace, Monitor and Control Staff, Assets and Handlers suited for businesses like Airport Ground Handler management.
- Scalable and Distributed Architecture
- Cross-Industry flexibility
- Easy Integrating with existing ERP systems
- Secure environment by using industry-standard security practices. The environment has a flexible user interface to set up and manage user and role policies.
Advantages of the solution:
- Track Ground Handlers and Equipments position, movements and status.
- Reliable operation across the airside, tracking vehicle positions on the apron and tarmac.
- Extend position tracking indoors to baggage sorting areas, maintenance hangers and other locations.
- Add person and asset tags for extended operational visibility.
- Reduced number of mishandled bags and associated repatriation costs.
- Reduced turnaround times and unnecessary ‘delayed flights’ penalties.
- Fully mobilize the workforce, with instant access to real-time data right up to the cargo door.
- Truly optimize staff, fleet and equipment across the entire airport from a single central location.
- Reduce time spent on paperwork and eliminate the need to maintain multiple spreadsheets.
A Smart Boarding Pass should not only give a passive information of the details of the passenger’s flight but may also be an active one like giving an alert to passengers that it is already boarding time with the display giving the gate details.
With the emerging Internet of things (IoT) communication and new low-power wide area (LPWA) wireless radio specifically developed for the IoT for connecting devices that require small amounts of data over long periods that can be embedded to smart cards.
The next generation of boarding pass Key Features are:
- Very low power with low power display called E-paper display.
- Display passenger and flight details
- Alerts passenger for notifications such as boarding time through vibration
- No-Tap boarding – Able to automatically log in the system when the passenger reaches the gate attendant.
- Recyclable through reprogramming the card on the next user
- Wireless Charging
- Read and count all the passengers real time.
- Automatic logging of passenger when reaching the gates or in case the need track the location.
- Staff can locate the passenger anywhere in the airport when a passenger is not present on last-minute boarding.
- Decreases the long waiting time at the gate.
- Fully mobilize the workforce, with instant access to real-time data for passenger support and comply passenger to staff ratio.