Natural gas is delivered to residential houses for heating and cooking purposes. As well as electricity and water metering records of consumption should be kept. There are several wireless traditional technologies with is used for remote gas meter monitoring in smart gas meters of different manufacturers, loT has developed state of art metering solution based on long-range low -power wireless protocol.
TURN -KEY SMART GAS METERING SOLUTION
The high cost of deployment of advanced metering infrastructure for resource consumption control is the significant barrier for utility companies. As traditional technologies like GPRS, ZigBee and Wireless M -Bus still in consideration for such smart gas metering applications they do not provide the desired level of ROT.
With a new type of LWPAN wireless communication technology developed especially for smart metering and loT application, utilities can overcome the difficulties of massive rolling out of AMI.
Using the concept of loT communication and most robust LPWAN protocol loT has developed out -of -the -box solutions for smart gas consumption monitoring with plug and play meters and outstanding connectivity characteristics.
SMART GAS METERING TECHNOLOGY
There are two options to bring loT connectivity for gas metering: use loT plug -and -play smart gas meters with integrated radio modules or connect’ loT LPWAN modern to existing gas meter. Both way swill gives the ability to transmit gas meter reading on the internet via a long-range network.
The primary benefits of using LPWA network for metering is that meters can communicate with the receiving station at a range of 50 kilometers and at the same time stay energy efficient. That means you do not need to roll out a massive communication infrastructure. One gateway can handle more than 2 000 000 gas meters in the urban area keeping cost on network infrastructure and maintenance at a low level.
Smart gateways or gas meters transmit readings to the gateway via long-range wireless network and then processed on the server. All readings are displayed in Cloud web-based interface which is accessible all over the world from any computer connected to the internet. Utility gas metering application can be connected to the server for data import and export with the use of API.
Smart Gas Meter
Smart plug -and -play gas meter with the wireless long-range radio module.
- Signal transmission range 16+ km in urban and 50 in open country.
- Autonomous work for up to 20 years with daily readings transmission.
- Start transmitting readings right after installation with no additional calibration.
- Designed for residential and office buildings.
- Easy to install by any technician.
- Reliable data delivery with no mesh.
- Can be used with one metering network with water, electricity and heat meters.
Gas Metering Application
Gas meters reading available in loT cloud as well as for the clients and for the utility companies.
- Gas hourly / daily / monthly consumption reports.
- Client interface accessible from any PC connected to the Internet.
- Close a balance sheet for several minutes with no discrepancy.
- Integration with third -party software is simple with data export.
- Flexible user rights management. Roles for residents for single meter.
- Monitoring and for utility managers watching all meters at once.
- A utility is free from server administration and program installation.
The Best Wireless RF Connectivity Suited for Utilities Metering
- Protocol that provides the ability to “Create Your Own Wireless Network”
- Long range wireless technology
- 5 years battery life even with long communication range
- Transfer data at a low bit rate over a long range
- Spread spectrum modulation technique
- 5 Kms to 10 Kms in Urban areas up to 16 Kms in open areas.
- High penetration on walls in harsh urban environment
- Connect to millions of devices with 99% to 100% transmission success rate.